Interrupt and Dismantle Racism
Friday, March 23, 2018 with Dr. Kathy Obear
You're Invited to a Full-Day Training in Denver, Colorado!
An engaging day of No frills, No fluff, just real strategies, helpful tips, and smart tools you can use to interrupt and dismantle racism in real time.
Getting real on these and a host of other topics:
Increase your self-awareness and knowledge about the dynamics of race and racism at your organization.
Examine the far-reaching impact of racist dynamics on individuals as well as on organizational goals.
Deepen your capacity to recognize and interrupt racist attitudes and behaviors that occur all around us, every day.
Gain insight on how you can build a larger community of white allies to shift the climate and culture of your organization.
Explore practical, proven tools and skills to interrupt racist dynamics and revise policies and practices with a Race Lens.
Challenge yourself to take an honest look within so you can think, work, and interact more effectively – across and within racialized identities.
Enough is ENOUGH
Tired of seeing racist dynamics playing out around you every single day?
Join us Friday, March 23rd in Denver, Colorado, for a Full-Day In-Person Institute with Dr. Kathy Obear.
Who Should Attend?
This In-Person Institute is designed not only for current white change agents but also for:
- Those who are potential allies – who are open, curious, caring and committed,
- Those who may not have yet had much experience learning about the dynamics of race and racism,
- Those interested in learning more about whiteness and the critical role of whites to partner with people of color to create greater racial justice.
What Others Have to Say...
Colorado State University
“Dr. Obear’s energy and passion have helped me to feel a renewed sense of purpose, self-worth, and energy.”
Susie Mahoney, Ed.D.
“Kathy’s sessions are engaging, interactive and nonthreatening. She creates a brave space where people can honestly engage and learn from each other’ stories and experiences.”
Diane J. Goodman, Ed. D.
Diversity Trainer and Consultant
“With compassion, clarity, and wisdom, Kathy Obear offers page after page of helpful insights and strategies for navigating difficult interpersonal situations.”
“I gained incredible skills which helped me find the courage to be more transparent during conflicts and surface issues that lead to constructive conversations.”
What to Expect.
Your tuition includes:
- Light refreshments throughout the day – coffee and tea
- Copies of all of Kathy’s books
- A workbook of handouts to take back and share with others
- Access to Kathy, in-person, for an entire day!
- 9:00am Registration, refreshments, and networking
- 9:30am Program start
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 4:00pm Book signing, refreshments, and networking
*Agenda subject to change without notice based on the needs and demands of the day