Kathy Obear , E.D.D.
author | coach | facilitator | mentor
Learn practical strategies to help identify microaggressions AND the actions you can take to stop them.
Microaggressions happen every single day – and you may not even realize it. They can come in the form of a verbal insult, a nonverbal snub. Maybe it was completely unintentional, maybe not.
Tell me if you relate to any of these situations (maybe you’ve even experienced one firsthand):
- In social workplace interactions, some people are included and valued, while others are merely tolerated or completely left out.
- In meetings, the ideas of certain participants are embraced and encouraged, while others struggle to have their voices heard at all.
- In planning decisions, top leaders’ ideas are sought out, yet the input of those who actually implement the plans are treated with disdain and doubt.
According to Dr. Derald Sue, microaggressions communicate intimidating, offensive, or otherwise negative messages to target persons based simply upon their marginalized group membership.
Messages like these:
- You don’t belong here.
- You are not one of us.
- Your ideas aren’t worthy.
- There is something wrong with you.
- You don’t matter.
Think for a moment about the devastating impact upon our colleagues and those we serve who experience these daily indignities and inappropriate comments and behaviors. For the individual and the organization as a whole, morale, productivity, and success suffer.
“I gained incredible skills which helped me find the courage to be more transparent during conflicts and surface issues that lead to constructive conversations rather than dancing around difficult topics.”
– Deb Coffin, Senior Executive
Get the smart strategies you need to understand, recognize, and interrupt microaggressions, all in one place.
Are you tired of observing these harmful dynamics and witnessing others simply shrug them off as “no big deal”?
Stop right there. Microaggressions – in any form – are 100% unacceptable.
The costs to our colleagues – and to the organization as a whole – are too high to continue to overlook and ignore microaggressions…
Join me as I get real about these and other hot button topics:
- Strengthen your capacity to recognize microaggressions in the moment and more fully understand the negative impact experienced by members of the organization.
- Learn the tools you need to interrupt microaggressions and exclusionary behaviors effectively to create greater equity and inclusion.
- Ways to deepen your capacity to identify personal bias and stereotypes – and what to do to respond more productively.
- Strategies to share these tools and activities to increase the competence of all employees to create inclusive environments that maximize success for everyone.
- BONUS: Complimentary copies of all three of my books!
- BONUS: Complimentary supporting materials, plus teaching and talking aids to continue the learning
75-Minute LIVE with Dr Kathy Obear
Thursday, March 8th
9am PT/12p ET
Spaces are limited, so register early!